These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

HD300 no longer detected in OSX 10.6.6 or Win7 after 1.31 update.
by krylex on 2011-09-08 06:57:37

I didn't realize I needed it posted as a question for support to see, so I moved my old thread and started this one.

I bought an HD300.  I love the sounds I can make when I'm using it and really stoked about it in general.  One of the big selling points to me, though, was the ability to hook it up to my laptop and record things direct.  I downloaded the 7.0.9 driver, Monkey 1.41, and 1.31 flash memory update.  I hooked it all up and everything seemed just fine.  I first tried to patch 1.31 as a firmware update and some error came up.  I should have wrote it down, but I thought nothing of it.  I tried next to update by selecting it as a flash memory update and it went through the motions and updated the pedal just fine.  Now my pedal shows the currect flash memory version when it boots, but it isn't being detected by any of the software or even my macbook itself.  Right now when I plug it in I can look at my system profiler and see that it's detecting a USB device, but it's simply listing it as unknown.

I have tried uninstalling all software and drivers and reinstalling to no avail.  I've even tried a factory restore on the pedal hoping it might revert the flash memory, but no dice.

I'm using a 15" macbook pro with OSX 10.6.6.  It's got a 2.4ghz i5 and 4gb of ram.

I just tried on my friend's Sony Vaio with windows 7.  Same type of issue.  The device is detected, but it's listing it as unknown.  Latest drivers installed, etc.

I've searched around for anyone having the same issue to no avail.  Any and all help is greatly appreciated.   Thanks!!

EDIT - I don't like this marked as assumed answered.  I still have not got a fix yet.  I'm going to try to mail it off when I hit my next port, but that still won't be for a while.  I'm still incredibly frustrated that a normal update could basically get rid of the one feature I actually wanted out of this thing.  For some reason my browser isn't letting me reply to the original message, and I don't want to start a new one just for this.

RE: HD300 no longer detected in OSX 10.6.6 or Win7 after 1.31 update.
by Line6david on 2011-09-08 14:31:58

Hi,

This issue could be related to a number of things. First check your connections.

Have you tried connecting to different USB Ports?

Are you using a USB hub?

Thanks,

David

Re: RE: HD300 no longer detected in OSX 10.6.6 or Win7 after 1.31 update.
by krylex on 2011-09-08 16:49:36

I've tried both USB ports on my macbook and all three on my friend's viao.  I've used different cables as well.

Both windows and OSX will detect the at the system level, but they both just call it an unknown device.  I've tried uninstalling all the software on my mac and everything on his windows machine was a brand new install.

by krylex on 2011-09-09 11:51:16

I went and uninstalled everything line6 and tried installing just the lated HD300 driver with nothing else.  When I pull up the system preferences pane, it still says it cannot detect anything hooked up.  My system profiler still just shows and unknown device plugged into my USB regardless of which port I use. :/

by Line6Don on 2011-09-13 10:20:03

Hey krylex,

Is the latest version of Line 6 Monkey 1.41 able to detect the POD HD300 on your MAC or your friends Windows computer?

If so, I would suggest to download the previous version of the POD HD300 flash memory from the link below:

http://line6.com/software/readeula.html?rid=3760

Launch Line 6 Monkey and when it connects to your POD HD300, click on the flash memory component then click update from file in the lower left hand corner of the application. Then direct it towards the flash memory file you downloaded, proceed to roll back to previous flash memory version.

If the process completes successfully, you can then use Line 6 Monkey to apply the 1.31 flash memory update again.

by krylex on 2011-09-13 13:20:27

No, Line 6 Monkey is not able to detect the HD300 on either the windows laptop or mine.  It could before I updated to 1.31, though.

Re: HD300 no longer detected in OSX 10.6.6 or Win7 after 1.31 update.
by krylex on 2011-09-17 00:13:13

I downloaded the latest driver (7.1.0) and installed it after completely removing the old.  My HD300 is still just being listed as an "unknown device" on both windows and OSX on two laptops and a desktop regardless of which USB port I have it connected.

Any ideas?  I'm really at a loss here and it doesn't seem like I'm getting much help.

by krylex on 2011-09-19 13:47:06

I hate to bump this, but I don't really feel like I'm getting anywhere.  I really like the board and want to keep it, but right now it's only doing about half what I got it for because I can't hook it up to my computer. 

Thanks again!

by krylex on 2011-09-21 06:47:37

I still am not able to connect.  I've mutliple USB cables, tried multiple computers, and tried every port on each.  It worked fine before I updated to 1.31.  Is there any other troubleshooting that I can do, or do I need to try to send it off for warranty repair?  I'm very frustratrated by all this and I don't seem to be getting any support.

by krylex on 2011-09-22 15:02:55

I'm still not getting a connection.  I still need help.

by krylex on 2011-09-23 05:38:33

It's been two weeks since I posted this.  I've got two responses, neither of which are able to address my issue.  I just want some troubleshooting steps.  Any help would be nice.  I just want my pod to work like it did when I first got it. 

Let's recap:

POD HD300 purchased.  Connected with my macbook just fine.  Updated to 1.31.  Now it shows as an unknown device in my system profiler and is not detected by any Line 6 software.  I have attempted to uninstall and reinstall all Line 6 software and drivers.  I've tested with multiple cables and on each USB port on my laptop and my friend's sony vaio.  I've done a factory reset on the pedal itself.  It's being detected by both windows and OSX as an "unknown device."  I'm not using any hubs and I'm plugging in directly to the computer. 

The pedal still works, but I bought it primarily to hook up to my computer.  This is extremely frustrating because I'm not getting any support.  I mean, can I telnet into this thing?  What can I do?  Is there some voodoo incantation I need to speak first?  Do I need to just attempt to ship it in for warranty repair?  Please give me something to work with so I'm not just sitting here with a half functional pedal.

by Line6Don on 2011-09-23 16:06:40

Hey krylex,

Unfortunately, if the troubleshooting steps we have suggested as well as the ones that you mentioned trying were not successful, then it sounds like the failed flash memory update that you reported has effected the USB connectivity of your hardware somehow.

I would suggest that you bring it in to a local Line 6 Service Center for assessment under warranty. You may find a local Line 6 Service Center in your area by using the link below:

http://line6.com/service_centers/

All you need to do is give one of them a call to setup a time to have them take a look at it for you, and make sure to bring your purchase receipt with you.

by krylex on 2011-09-23 22:09:36

The failed update wasn't the flash memory.  It was when I tried to update firmware in Line 6 monkey that it errored out.  At this point, everything was still at the factory firmware/flash memory.  I could still connect to all the Line 6 software.  When I updated the flash memory, everything completed successfully without error.  After the reboot, it would no longer connect to anything. 

I'm in the Navy and deployed right now to the Arabian Gulf.  I'm stationed in Hawaii.  There aren't any service centers on the list either in Bahrain, Guam, or Hawaii itself, so I'm not able to bring it in.  What are my other options? 

by ac_2012 on 2011-09-28 03:44:43

I have the same problem with HD300. Yesterday I installed the 1.31 update. Then everything worked fine until I rebooted computer. Now HD300 shown as unknown device.

I tried it both on XP Windows and Windows 7. The same result. Please help.

by Line6Don on 2011-10-03 11:40:04

Hey krylex,

There are 2 Line 6 Service Centers located in the Hawaii area, their contact information is available below:

Pro Audio Clinic

808-987-6535

73-1270 Kaiminani Drive, Suite B-1

Kailua Kona Hawaii, 96740

Bounty Music

808-871-1141

111 Hana Hwy Ste. #105

Kahului, Maui Hawaii, 96732

As far getting the unit serviced in another country, your warranty is only active in the country/region you purchased it from. So if you bought in the states you will need to make sure to get it repaired in the states as well.

by krylex on 2011-10-04 12:11:19

While it's nice to see some service centers in Hawaii, those are on the islands of Hawaii (big island) and Maui, which are still a plane flight away from me on Oahu once I return from deployment, so I'm still out of luck for taking it into a service center directly.

Where can I mail this for warranty work?  Also, spacemirrors is having the same issue, so this doesn't seem like it's an isolated incident.  I'm still just very frustrated by this whole experience.

by Line6Don on 2011-10-10 10:08:12

Hey krylex,

The service centers that's I provided to you should be able to receive shipments for warranty repair. So you may contact them and try and arrange to have your unit shipped to them. The other option is to request an RMA and have the unit shipped to our warranty repair center in the states. Info on how to do so can be found at the links below:

Line 6 Repair FAQ

http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-1606

Obtaining a Repair RMA from Line 6

http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-1605

by g8torandy on 2012-03-20 10:59:43

I agree very fustrating...having the same issue and it is not isolated.

by menofsticks on 2013-01-17 01:17:51

I'm having the same problem but with 1.62 on a Snow Leopard machine.  There seems to be a few similar threads, none of which has been resolved.  Are we to assume the PODs with this problem are to be taken in to the shop for repair?  I'd like to hear from anyone who's had this problem and has dealt with a repair shop to find out if the problem is actually fixable before I start wasting a bunch of time on service calls.

Any of you folks had any luck?

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.