These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Did someone ask if the POD HD could "Djent"?
by ricksox on 2010-10-11 15:05:11

Here's a video that might clear that up.

Re: Did someone ask if the POD HD could "Djent"?
by rublalup on 2010-10-11 15:11:10

i'm not a metal head but... damn that sound nice...

by johnblume on 2010-10-11 15:37:03

This may sound dumb, but what does Djent mean ?

by tomservo38 on 2010-10-11 15:47:36

I had the same question. The urban dictionary has someone describing in detail.  here's the link.  http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=djent

*Theyeven mention line 6 pod

Quote:   "DJENT! DJEN-DJENT!"    Not to be mixed up with the ordinary "chugga-chugga" or "dun! dun-dun!".     

by ricksox on 2010-10-11 15:49:39

Djent djent djent djent....djent djent djent. I think it replaced "chug".

by guitars69 on 2010-10-11 20:29:07

Djent is onomatopoeia for the sound your guitar makes when palm muting with a quick stop.  Chug is another name but Djent is more fun. 

by guitars69 on 2010-10-11 20:31:47

That's a sick video btw. 

by mr_slugworth on 2010-10-12 08:29:28

Is he using the HD cab sims there?  In another video he demonstrates patches without them, using external cab impulses.

by magpie on 2010-10-12 09:32:32

Ola is using the stock cabs in that video. Stock on both Pod hd and Axe-fx.

Unfortunately Line6 decided to remove the basic feature to bypass cab/mic in the pod 300-400 models.

And also sending dry tracks.

Why? It's a must have feature for many studio and live users.

I hope they fix it soon with a firmware update.

by dbagchee on 2010-10-12 10:08:49

Nice.

by Tony93666 on 2010-10-21 14:39:07

let's see, how may I put this...

HOLY FREAKIN' CRAP!

Aahh yes, that about covers it.  hehehehe That was killer!

I was actually gonna pass on the POD HD, but it's now back in the running.... damn you!

by John_BlisterTip on 2010-10-22 09:34:28

Rock N Roll Dictionary 2010

Djent.    pronouced D F-in Jent

Djent-ing was invented by people who can only play their low E string.

These so called Djenters simply chomp down on the same note, seemingly for hours, and call it a song. Not only do they not have a guitar player--they also don't have a singer--hence..the mindless screaming over the Djenting. Dejenting is always accompanied by 2 clicky drum samples set to sound like an egg beater on high. Most recently, Djenting has included monkeys, pigeons, and various other animals to spruce up the song.

Ok..thats not what it says

by fester2000 on 2010-10-22 11:09:05

John_BlisterTip wrote:

These so called Djenters simply chomp down on the same note, seemingly for hours, and call it a song. Not only do they not have a guitar player--they also don't have a singer--hence..the mindless screaming over the Djenting. Dejenting is always accompanied by 2 clicky drum samples set to sound like an egg beater on high. Most recently, Djenting has included monkeys, pigeons, and various other animals to spruce up the song.

Well I got a chuckle out of this, FWIW...

Cheers,

Fester2k

by guitars69 on 2010-10-22 15:08:43

John_BlisterTip wrote:

LOL

Unfortunately for you... Djenters never play with an E string!  Pffttt!

Seriously, they/we're all down much lower than that.  D is the highest I've heard any and A or B is not uncommon. 

I don't like the screaming much either but Djenting is fun if you're good at making cool rhythms...  I'm not  lol

by phuongdo on 2011-08-18 02:40:50

how can you set that sound, please share the setting. Thanks

by Rowbi on 2011-08-18 08:53:45

did someone say djent djenty djent djent..

Mmmmm duel recto.  That video proves I don't need a real recto, but one day when I can hold off the Line 6 GAS I usually get long enough to save £3K..... Then a filthy djenty recto will be mine.

MWHA ha ha ha haaaaaa

Regards

Rowbi

A djentleman

by gunpointmetal on 2011-08-18 10:24:49

If you really wanna Djent you have to make sure your strings are a little slack so you get that slightly sharp sound on aggressive pick attacks. A lot of people like to rip on "Djent" bands, but most of them are way more talented and intelligent song writers than most tradition metal bands. ie Periphery, Animals As Leaders, Meshuggah (inventors of Djent?), The Contortionist, Cloudkicker, dot Three, Encircle, Nociceptor, Uneven Structure, etc, etc...

by chimp_spanner on 2011-08-18 16:49:06

+1 on the slightly slack strings! Thick, tight strings just don't cut it for me. You lose all that cool attack

by vladolf on 2011-08-19 02:35:42

good question, i'm still trying to make my pod hd500 sound like that...

by meambobbo on 2011-08-19 19:51:13

I think he's using external IR's.  Also if you look at FearedSE's youtube channel, his recodring methodology shows him double-tracking, plus using compression to thicken up the palm mutes.  plus he's got a full mix going, so it's harder to hear just the guitar sound.

i think if you heard just the guitar tone, single-tracked outside a mix, with no post-processing, using one of the onboard IR's, you'd be much less impressed.

by toneman2121 on 2011-09-18 06:41:31

i didn't want to start a new thread so i hitched a ride on this one. does anybody djent with a single coil strat style?

by Panzerk on 2011-09-19 10:01:53

That POD HD300 might be what I am looking for.. But can I just plug it to a regular cab and use it as "head" Or does it need a power amp?

by jasonbogen on 2011-09-19 10:07:42

It needs power.  You can use it with a guitar amp head or go direct to a PA or some other full range flat response amp like a keyboard amp.

by kdog on 2011-09-19 10:16:04

>Mmmmm duel recto.  That video proves I don't need a real recto, but one day when I can hold off the Line 6 GAS I usually get long enough to save £3K..... Then a filthy djenty recto will be mine.

I'm not a Djent guy but my understanding from hanging out with lots of Djent players is that most Djent aficiandos do not like the Dual Rect for that style as the amps is "too loose" in the bottom end. Engl for example, is a more preferred brand of amp (example: Invader), alot of folks are hip on those new "Dar" amps as well (I think those sound terrible in the clips, I've heard, though). The DRs can certainly be setup and used for it, but they're not considered ideal is the vibe I get.

Ironically, a lot of the Djent guys use modelers, also. The Periphery guys used L6 gear before they went AxeFx as did Meshuggah.

by isiahdrew on 2013-03-22 16:10:04

Can you share this patch with me?

by singlecut69 on 2013-03-22 19:59:28

Great song and great player, but I didn't hear any Djenting in it.  Correct me if I'm wrong but Djent is a technique not a style. Like this...

http://youtu.be/jtUBDrErU60

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.